From Kasey at All That is Good comes
Today's topic is "True Confessions". The purpose is to let others know that you're not perfect. Well, if you've been reading my blog and you haven't figured that out, then you're really oblivious to who I really am! But, just in case, here are some of my deep, dark secrets:
1. I'm lazy. I'm also a perfectionist. Strange because the two definitely aren't compatible. Here's an example: While I'm typing this post, my son asks if he can take a bath. Sure. But I don't want to get up off the couch to run the bath, so I bribe one of my daughters to run the bath for him. Maybe it's not laziness, maybe it's just the fact that I HATE to be interrupted when I'm doing something that I want to do. As a Mom, I guess I have to work on this. . . .
2. If you didn't read my recent post, I am addicted to the Sims 3. For those of you who are blissfully unaware of this video game, it's basically a virtual dollhouse, but with kick-a** graphics. Create your families, build your dream house, climb the career ladder, interact with other "townies". Maybe I'm still a big kid at heart because I'm still playing with dolls.
3. This probably isn't a *bad* thing, but I'm still so crazy in love with my husband that I want to be with him all the time. I'm sad when he goes to work and I am giddy when he comes home. I am completely thrilled that we are going away together this coming weekend and I'm *happy* that he will be laid off for a few weeks coming up because that means he will be around. Yeah!
4. I obsess about money. I grew up in a family where money was always tight. I always hoped I would marry a man who was well-off, but I didn't. And now we struggle. . . .all the time. I'm always scheming in my little brain about how I can save a few bucks, make a few bucks, or even strike it rich. Yes, I know money isn't everything, but it sure helps when you have to pay the bills!
5. I don't LOVE being a mom. Please understand that I do LOVE MY CHILDREN!!! I would die for them. It's just that I had this romantic idea that being a mom would be fun and easy and fulfilling - and it is sometimes. This is my calling in life, so I assumed it would be a piece of cake. It's actually the hardest thing I've ever done. I sometimes wish someone else would do all the "parenting" and I could just enjoy all the great things about my children.
I will probably think of more true confessions throughout the day, but now you know more about me!