Friday, May 29, 2009

Waxing Political

I'm not going to devote my entire blog to political and religious issues, but today, I am deeply concerned about some of the headlines.

Texas Woman Told to Remove 'Offensive' Flag From Her Office

A woman in Texas had the American flag on display in her office. You know, the emblem of our country and all that it stands for - the AMERICAN flag. A co-worker, an immigrant from Africa, complained that the flag was "offensive", and so the Texan woman was forced to remove the flag. I have no problem with people who want to come to the US for jobs, a better life, or to share in America's "prosperity" (what's left of it). But if you find the US offensive, then why would you want to live here?

San Diego Couple Ordered to Stop Holding Bible Study in Their Home

San Diego County officials have told this couple that holding a Bible study in their home constitutes "unlawful use of land." Huh? It's not a church, it's a Bible study - a group of Christian friends who want to encourage each other to grow in their spiritual life. What is happening to the freedom of religion in this country?

Charges Against 'New Black Panthers' Dropped, Compliments of Obama

I got the chills when I read about this Election Day 2008 incident: Three members of the "New Black Panthers" stationed themselves outside a Philadelphia polling location. One of them held a nightstick and they physically and verbally intimidated voters coming to the polls. The men were officially charged, under the Bush Administration, with violating voter rights, but guess what? The Obama Administration has dropped the charges. At least there was an injunction against the man with the nightstick prohibiting him from brandishing a weapon outside a polling location again. But still.

And finally, if you haven't heard about this, perhaps you should at least be aware:

Obama and ACORN GPS Marking Every Front Door in America

OK, this is just creepy. There will be a GPS grid that contains the exact location of every front door in America, including yours and mine. This project is supposed to be completed within 90 days. Even if our own government's need for such information is unclear, imagine how valuable such a thing would be to international terrorists, those with a deep and deadly hatred for the US. I would imagine they would stop at nothing to acquire such information.

I hope I won't make any enemies by expressing my concern about these current events. I just happen to find them deeply disturbing.

I promise my next post will be more lighthearted.

7 comments:

  1. This all makes me so mad. But.... just confirms to me that we are in the end times. All we can do is pray, and stand up for what we believe in. I personally would have quit my job before taking the flag down, and I would also sue, who ever told me I couldn't have a Bible study in my own home. Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! All of those stories are disturbing!

    I had watched the footage about the Black Panthers and it pissed me off when it was happening. I'm furious that he has dropped the charges!

    That last story has me really scared!

    Thanks for info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK....I am shocked!

    What is this world coming to....the flag offensive, bible study being banned???

    Yes....we are living in a different world than I grew up in and it really scares me beyond words.

    I pray that those of us who care about the way things are going will continue to be the voice that states.....THIS IS WRONG!!!!!

    Thanks for bringing this up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: gps markings. I read the article you linked. No one has come to my door or anyone's that I know, which doesnt mean they won't. I don't remember how to do it right this second but you (or anyone) can link in to the sattelites gps uses and get a sattelite photo of your own home already, I was doing that on line about 8 years ago. You can narrow down all the way to your own yard if you want just by typing in the address.
    I think I would paint over my door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly haven't made an enemy in me Jen...I wholeheartedly agree with everything here. I don't know why the second one should surprise you though..after all, our own President told everyone that we are NOT a Christian nation.

    Hmm...perhaps somebody should get him a copy of the Constitution?

    Great post. Disturbing but great and wonderful that you are bringing these stories to the forefront for those that may have missed them. This is all happening right under our very 'American' noses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - those are disturbing and creepy. Thanks for sharing the information!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just don't get it, and I'm never really able to wrap my mind around these strange ideas/problems/deeds! Hope you have a blessed weekend!
    In Him,
    E

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, you will make me the happiest blogger in blogdom!