I repainted their shelves. I used the same colors as the shoe pockets hanging on the door and some matching storage benches.
I redecorated their lamp, using the same colors. I was kind of a hack. If you look closely, you can see that the spray paint didn't stay where it was supposed to. I used puff paint to accent the flowers, and then I hot-glued buttons into the middle of the flowers.
I had found this shelf for Joy several months ago. She is such a collector, so I wanted her to have a place to put all her stuff. I painted it to match the room, and she has already started filling it. What's funny is that the white paint has already chipped near the bottom. . . oh well, I think it looks "antiqued."
Yes, this is a LOUD dresser. Oh well. This is the Pepto Bismol Paint I wrote about last week. It came in handy. Hope hates the dresser, but she will have to live with it. At least until I feel like painting again.
I also made them each their own French memo boards, which I haven't posted yet. Those, combined with the huge corkboard we hung, means that they are no longer allowed to tape anything to the walls. I will take pics of the memo boards once they are up.
This was a lot of fun. But I think I've had enough painting and decorating for quite some time.