Sunday, April 26, 2009

Death By Chocolate

Whenever I start thinking about exercise and getting in shape, I start craving chocolate. Quality Dairy Death By Chocolate is, hands down, THE BEST ice cream on the planet; and since QD is only a Mid-Michigan chain, I'd say about 99% of the planet is missing out. This is the most dangerous thing to have in my home. I could eat enough of the stuff that I could eventually experience literal death by chocolate. But I've got to have a regular dose of the stuff to keep me happy.

When I decide it's time to make a change in my eating habits, I have to get the tempting food out of the house. Which is why I polished off the ice cream. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only woman who has ever had this line of thinking: "I'll just finish off this pan of brownies so it doesn't tempt me any more."

Why does healthy eating have to be so hard??? Why can't Death by Chocolate be a food group? I do actually enjoy healthy foods. I'm just kind of fickle. I don't stick to my resolutions very easily when chocolate shows up on the scene.

My motto about healthy eating goes something like this:

"Inside of me is a thin woman struggling to get out. But I can usually subdue her with chocolate."

2 comments:

  1. I've attempted a bit of "healthy eating" lately... Healthy eating, if also easy and appetizing, is more expensive! OK - I could eat an apple. I don't WANT to eat an apple! I need a little break, a little pleasure, too! My most pleasurable healthy things at the moment are the sushi rolls they have at Kroger....but at nearly $5 a shot THEY are not inexpensive, and neither is the bowl of fruit there - the already washed and cut up strawberries and blueberries. THAT is good! But if I have to buy them and clean them and cut them up myself, and see the bruised parts, and get water up to my elbows....the charm is gone. For me. The kids then think I'm the BEST! But only for about the MINUTE that it takes them to polish off 3-4 dollars worth of berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark Chocolate
    Cheese cake
    Loft house cookies
    Brownies with ice cream and hot fudge sauce.
    Ahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, you will make me the happiest blogger in blogdom!