Diane from "At Least Three" nominated me for this award. Thanks, Diane! I am honored.
So, I am supposed to share 10 honest things about myself. In a way, it shouldn't be hard because I don't hide many things about myself. On the other hand, I may have already spilled my guts about everything, so it may be hard to find something to write about. (I can't be much more honest than I was in yesterday's post about my struggle with depression.) But I'll give it a try.
1. I know that I was called by God to be a wife and mom. But sometimes I ask God why He didn't equip me better for the job. I was extremely disillusioned when I realized that I was so bad at a job that I wanted for so long.
2. I'm often very candid with God during my prayer times, and I hope that He has a lot of mercy for me in my outspoken-ness.
3. I have a very difficult relationship with my dad. I love him, but we don't get along very well, and sometimes I feel like a foolish little kid again when we're together.
4. I can't decide if I'm a perfectionist or a slob. I want things in my life to be perfect, but I often don't feel like doing them perfectly!
5. I like the smell of tractor exhaust and cow manure because it reminds me of growing up on the farm.
6. I wonder if old boyfriends still think about me (weird, I know, and my hubby knows this - I tell him everything!)
7. I've been to the Philippines, Mexico, and Honduras, and none of those were vacations. I want to take a REAL vacation to a tropical locale some day. (Club Med, Sandals, you know. . . .)
8. I used to want to be a marine biologist. However, I am terrified of deep, dark water. I love to swim, but I have to be able to see the bottom or I will freak out.
9. I am claustrophobic. Elevators are OK, but if you restrain my arms or legs in any way, I will have a panic attack. If I'm lying under a blanket and one of my kids sits on top of me, I will practically hyperventilate.
10. I like bald men (which is a good thing b/c Hubby is going bald!) I think Patrick Stewart (aka Captain Jean-Luc Picard) is hot. (So I guess I like older men, too, which is funny because Hubby is 4 years younger than me!)
Congratulations! I’ve nominated the following bloggers for the Honest Scrap Award. Have fun with it. I didn't choose 7 people as the award dictates, but I wanted to hear more from these 3 ladies that I've recently "met" and want to know more about. :) Go and check out their blogs!
In accepting this award, you can do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it