Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Therapy

I am in therapy.

For the first time in 40 years, I'm seeing a therapist, or as I prefer to call her, a "counselor". Doesn't that sound better? In any case, she's the kind of person that I talk to once a week about my "issues" and we hash out my history to see what in my life turned me into the uniquely complicated person that I am today.

I don't have much to report about my first session, except that I'm relieved to finally be seeing a counselor. And obviously, I'm not really very shy about this. Hey, if this is what it takes to get better, that's what I'm doing. Except, I'm not sure how I'll tell my parents. I mean, there used to be more of a stigma attached to therapy than there is now. . . I hope. My sister reads my blog on occasion, so, hey sis, what do you think I should tell Mom & Dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, you will make me the happiest blogger in blogdom!