Monday, August 3, 2009

August???

August.

How can it be August already? I mean, seriously, someone must have put me in a time machine and fast forwarded to August. I've been waiting for summer to start - you know, the relaxing, the sipping lemonade under the shade of a backyard tree, the floating lazily in the pool. . . .

Instead, it seems like it's been a flurry of activity, from one obligation to the next. And now it's August. Is it time to relax yet? Maybe. . . .for a day or two. Then begins the work of getting ready for school: filling out paper work for school lunches, finding uniforms, meeting teachers, kindergarten roundup, etc. And what kind of school supplies do they need???

The only respite I have to look forward to - blessed be God, this is different from other years - is the peace I will have once the kids are in school. I am so relieved to not be planning homeschool lessons!

My summer vacation will come eventually.

This year it will start in September.

3 comments:

  1. I am with you! My summer break starts Wednesday when my oldest goes back to school! Will still have my 19 month old at home obviously but at least during naps I get some peace and quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be feeling discontent with MY life if I read any more of this stuff!

    Anyway, I know better. Homeschooling is a DREAM compared to homework. You will have only a few hours a day with your children and THEY are in charge of it. I can recall Craig and I drawing lots for who would do that last assignment for a sobbing child we finally insisted go to bed, and which of us would go to Meijers at 11 p.m. for the big piece of tagboard for the project that I had to have someone get up early to do. I HATE homework. Can you tell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you there Jen! I am hoping we can find some time for summer fun in August since it's all we have left now!

    Glad you will have some time for yourself when school starts!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, you will make me the happiest blogger in blogdom!